OUR LATEST PRAYER NEEDS
(Updated January 28, 2018)
- For Houghton's back pain.
- Our teammate who is heading up the translation here is suffering from what he believes to be sciatic nerve pain in his back. It is making daily things difficult for him. Please bring this immediate need before the Lord.
- For Val's hands.
- We think we've noticed a pattern with Val's eczema on her hands. It seems that she struggles more during the hot/humid season (December - May). Please consider praying for her this season! It's more than a discomfort or inconvenience, it can make the simplest of daily tasks impossible to do when infection happens.
- For wisdom.
- We are thinking of planing a short trip back to America sometime in 2018. We'd like wisdom from the Lord in making our decisions.
- For our family members
- Casey, Valerie, Beckett and Julian, to be passionate and obedient disciples of Jesus.
- For special help.
- from God's Spirit to learn, remember, speak, and even learn to view our world here in the local language, Rral.
- For wisdom and Spiritual insight.
- for our teammates, Houghton Richards and Laura Thulesen as well as the local men and women they work with to translate the Bible into the Rral language.
UPDATES ON PREVIOUS NEEDS:
(September 5, 2017)
- For Casey to find a daily rhythm of language learning and individuals to commit to helping him. This is still a struggle for Casey. He still desires a consistent "language helper".
- For deeper relationships for Valerie with local women. Relationships are still being formed. No best friend material on the horizon yet :)
- For Valerie to have good opportunities to do language learning while managing many other responsibilities in the family. Valerie is growing in her knowledge and is making opportunities.
- For discouragement or frustration to not rule in our hearts. At these beginning stages there is little we can "do" but listen and talk like little children. We want to see Jesus' name lifted up here, and we hope to be a part of that. May God be glorified the simple daily tasks of language learning, homeschooling and living among our neighbors. We haven't been too discouraged but we do feel like we go between feeling like we are making progress to feeling like we may never speak the language well. May God continue to give us courage to persevere.
We really do value your prayers. We look forward to glorifying God with you as we watch God move together!