- Pray for God's help in transitioning our family to life in the village. We hope to move out to Olal the first week of March.
// God definitely helped our family transition to life in Olal. Julian's sleep was a little rough the first week but he was soon used to sleeping in his new environment. God also helped Beckett to come back everyday from his local Kindergarten class beaming. The Lord also helped Beckett become more comfortable and daring in speaking Bislama (local pigeon) with his new friends. The Lord helped us with learning new routines and daily tasks and chores.
- Pray for God's continual healing of Val's hand. It has been flaring up off and on with really debilitating sores. We think its a type of eczema that gets infected here.
// While we feel it will be an ongoing battle (unless the Lord takes it away) Val's hand has done MUCH better. It didn't get too bad at all while on Ambrym. We rejoice with you in the Lord's care.
- Pray for God's provision of finances to help fix up the old house we've been given to live in on Ambrym.
// We are hoping to start some repairs this July. We have received some extra, unexpected gifts that we are thankful to put toward the house repairs. We are unsure of how much the repairs will costs but we are hopeful in the Lord's provision!
- Pray for God's help to parent 2 young boys in a patient and loving way.
// We have felt our patience tested and sometimes stretched beyond limits. Please continue to pray for God's Holy Spirit to convict and empower us in this area. So He will be glorified in us as our sons see His goodness displayed in us.
- Pray for God's drawing of Beckett and Julian to faith in Jesus.
// Please continue to pray for this. We can see evidence in Beckett's life that he is interested in the Scriptures and is asking many questions about God right now.
- Pray for God's provision of close friendships for each of us in the coming months and years.
// Please continue to pray for this. We are making some new friends but things are hard with language and cultural differences. We do find great friendship in each other and our teammates will be a good source of friendship when they return in a year.
- Pray for God's wisdom as we navigate new relationships and culture on Ambrym.
// Not sure how wise we have been or not in navigating relationships and culture but I have felt the need for wisdom in decision making. We never know how our decisions will impact our relationships or future relationships. Please continue to pray for wisdom from the Spirit.
- Pray for God's love and grace to arrest our devotion and consume our attention in the hustle of daily living. We don't want to be so focused on trying to "serve Jesus" that we neglect to sit at his feet in worship.
// This is still our desire! Please pray against distractions, apathy, laziness that seek to render our love cold.
- Pray for God's holiness to be evident in our lives as we submit ourselves to him in love.
// We both need God Spirit to do this work in us. Casey has seen evidence of God's deliverance from moments of temptation but recognizes his heart is prone to wander. Please continue to pray.
- Pray for our marriage to flourish in new and sometimes stressful environments.
// Our time on Ambrym had testing moments but overall the Lord helped us remain close. We are looking forward to a date or two while in the capital.
- Pray for the people of Olal who have invited us to come live among them. For the Holy Spirit to prepare them for us and us for them. For special favor among them and an increased interest in Jesus and his word.
// It seems like we have "clicked" with a couple families and individuals who live close to us. We have seemingly been welcomed by most everyone and it seems so far that we are connecting well. Please continue to pray for increased interest in Jesus and his word.
- Pray for our families back in the US to be comforted and drawn closer to Jesus as a result of our absence.
// We hope this is happening.
- Pray for our supporting local churches scattered on the East Coast to be faithful to the gospel in their communities and in the world. For protection of pastors and staff from Satan's attacks, distractions, depression or disobedience.
// We haven't heard much news from the local churches but hope to reach out to them soon to hear how things are going.
- Praise God for our partners in ministry who sacrifice their finances, time and energy as the pray for us and fund us to represent the Gospel in Vanuatu.
// Keep thanking Him for this provision! We are truly humbled by the generosity of so many.
- Pray for God's provision of rain for us and the people of Vanuatu who are currently having quite the drought (and its supposed to be the rainy season!)
// God has supplied rain! Many people still don't have the infrastructure or means or motivation to fix existing infrastructures to help collect the rain water for future use.